UK Defence Club: Market leading maritime legal costs insurance
Over the last 128 years, the UK Defence Club has built a reputation for superior maritime legal costs insurance. As an independent specialist provider, we provide our Members with comprehensive cover and ensure that they have access to advice and assistance in any jurisdiction, anywhere in the world.
UKDC Members enjoy:
- Market leading cover – $15 million limit with no mandatory deductibles, and no release calls
- Continuity Credits - rewarding length of Membership
- Unrivalled Expertise – access to legally qualified claims executives worldwide
- Extensive Advice and Assistance – from one of the most experienced teams in the industry
- Exceptional Support – for individual cases and wider industry issues
- Superior Influence – Membership of the most influential provider of legal costs insurance in the marketplace
Independence you can count on
Unlike our international competitors, our cover is not part of your P&I cover. We are focused solely on the provision of legal costs insurance to shipowners and operators. Our independence has a number of advantages:
- We have developed the most extensive cover in the market place. It responds to a wide variety of claims including those against other insurers
- As a specialist provider, we constantly look for opportunities to evolve to meet the very specific and changing needs of this market
- By focusing solely on legal costs insurance, we have been able to develop unrivalled experience and expertise
- Our Board of Directors and our finances are dedicated solely to legal costs insurance and are not distracted by other issues.
Continuity Credits – rewarding our Members
At the 2015, 2016 and 2017 renewals our Members benefited from Continuity Credits – premium reductions for those with one, three and five years of entry in the Club, with an additional discount for those Members entering their entire fleet with the Club.