Over 130 years of history has given us the opportunity to develop the most comprehensive legal costs insurance within the maritime market place. Sometimes referred to as "FD&D" or "Defence" our cover responds to legal and other costs incurred in disputes relating to the operation of ships, providing that the underlying claim is uninsured.
Our unrivalled insurance provides our Members with cover for:
- The costs associated with bringing and defending proceedings in any jurisdiction or forum, including cost liabilities;
- The provision of security for costs in the UK and other jurisdictions; and
- Investigative and other related costs including those of surveyors and experts as well as arbitrators' and court fees.
So much more than insurance
As an independent Club, focussed solely on defence, we have an unrivalled experience and expertise in dealing with the issues faced by our Members. Our team of legally qualified claims executives provides wide ranging advice and assistance to Members.
This can include advice on:
- Charterparties, newbuilding contracts, MOAs and other contracts;
- Topical issues - these have included Indian Tax Services, the collapse of OW Bunkers and, most recently, international sanctions, Brexit and the implementation of IMO 2020;
- Forums for dispute resolution;
- The management of litigation in all jurisdictions; and
- Control of legal costs through the use of Preferred Legal Suppliers, expert cost draftsmen and alternative billing arrangements.
You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.